Monday 31st January 2005
NoteBook now has its own section - http://www.martin2k.co.uk/notebook.
Please visit this site for all information about NoteBook including how to get a
copy of it.
Thursday 28th November 2002
Version 220.127.116.11 has been uploaded.
- Added splash screen
- Removed two minor bugs
Sunday 1st September 2002
Version 18.104.22.168 has been uploaded. Two bugs fixed:
- Clicking on a blank page sometimes caused the program to crash
- When having more than one file open, the page sometimes disappeared behind
the page pane
Saturday 22nd June 2002
Version 22.214.171.124 has been uploaded. Hopefully this will be the last
version for the time being.
- Bugs fixed
- 'Show/hide page pane' menu item added on the 'Window' menu
Tuesday 11th June 2002
Version 126.96.36.199 has been uploaded.
- Bugs fixed
- Browser Controls no longer show as soon as an HTML page is clicked on
Saturday 8th June 2002
Version 188.8.131.52 has been uploaded.
- Bugs fixed - program used to crash when the Plain Text options dialog box
was closed with no pages in the file; bullets no longer appear on Plain Text
pages when there were bullets in a Rich Text page, which was previously
- Browser Dialog added - containing Back, Forward, Stop and Refresh buttons
- Search All dialog box added - you can now search all pages at once for an
instance of text
- You can now make .css pages for HTML pages. The name of the .css
page doesn't have to be related to the name of the HTML page, which means
you can use it for more than one HTML page, it just needs to end with '.css'.
Saturday 20th April 2002
Version 184.108.40.206 has been uploaded.
- Bugs fixed
- Recent File List dialog box added.
Sunday 14th April 2002
Version 220.127.116.11 has been uploaded.
- Bug fixed - when you rename a page, NoteBook didn't think that the file
had changed and would therefore close without asking you if you wanted to
- Bug fixed - when you pressed Ctrl+B or Ctrl+U in the plain text editor,
the text went bold or underlined respectively.
- New feature pictures from the NoteBook file can now be displayed in HTML
pages - if you want your HTML pages to use pictures from your NoteBook file,
you must rename you pictures with the name of the HTML page as a prefix.
E.g. if your HTML page was called 'Test', then you would call your picture
pages 'TestPicture1.gif' or 'TestCar.gif'. In the HTML code, you must
use the picture name as the images source e.g. <img src="TestCar.gif">.
The picture pages do you not need to be next to the HTML page, they can be
anywhere you want.
Saturday 13th April 2002
Version 18.104.22.168 has been uploaded.
- Nothing has changed in the program
except the one of the dependency files was updated so therefore NoteBook also
Monday 1st April 2002
Version 22.214.171.124 has been uploaded.
- The 'Automation Error' that sometimes occurs with the Microsoft Internet
Explorer control has now been trapped
Wednesday 20th March 2002
Version 126.96.36.199 has been uploaded.
Saturday 16th March 2002
I have finished version 188.8.131.52 of NoteBook. It has the following new
- HTML Support
- Password protection
- Pictures, sounds and any other file can be inserted
- Faster due to files being saved in binary format instead of ASCII
I will upload it when I have finished the helpfile.
Friday 22nd February 2002
Version 184.108.40.206 released, which includes the following new features:
- Support for plain text pages
- A Print command
- A fully-featured rich text editor
- Copy page
- Find and Replace
- The layout is better
- Cleaned up code
- Icons for pages instead of a listbox
- Uses Config File ActiveX control instead of ListConfig
Martin Allen 1999